INVITATION – IFRS Technical Updates Seminar
Baker Tilly cordially invites all Micro Finance Companies, Financial Institutions and Tertiary institutions to the Baker Tilly IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 seminar and training which aims to provide you with an opportunity to reinforce your financial reporting tools and update your accounting systems to comply with requirements of the new standard. IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 are International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) promulgated by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and address the accounting for revenue and leases respectively.
Join us on a step by step approach as we unpack and simplify the critical aspects of IFRS 15and IFRS16 and how you can apply it to your organisation.
Highlights of the seminar
• Introduction of the standard
• Theory of the 5 step model
• Application of the 5 step model
• Disclosure requirements
• Background of IFRS 16
• Comparison of IFRS 16 and IAS 17
• Examples of practical implications
• The impact of the new leases standard on industries financial, operational and business
• Transition accounting and effective date